Marine & Towage Services Group are pleased to announce, that due to their continued growth, they have acquired the former H.M. Coastguard site at Kings Quay in Brixham.
This will give the Company greater office space, and enable them to provide further local employment to aid their expansion.
Marine & Towage Services Group [MTS], started in Brixham in 1920 as the Torbay & Brixham Coaling Company, then changing its name to Torbay & Brixham Shipping Agents in 1969, and is known locally for its ships’ agency and pilot boat work.
In 2006, the Company was sold and changed its name to the present MTS Group Ltd. The Company continues to grow into the tug and workboat industry, with a total fleet of 30 vessels ranging from pilot boats, survey vessels, landing crafts and a large fleet of tugs operating Worldwide in countries as far afield as Africa, Australia, Chile and Brazil, employing over 200 seafarers.
The Kings Quay site, will be the Company’s Head office, controlling the International operations of the growing fleet, with a further two large modern tugs recently purchased.
MTS are pleased that they are able to preserve this historic building and retain the maritime use of this site within Brixham.
It is expected that the majority of the Company’s present operations will relocate from the existing Fish Market site to Kings Quay later this year.Follow